Are you taking advantage of the traffic-boosting power of Pinterest? Are you saving new content regularly, sharing Pins which engage your followers, and remaining consistent to boot? Have you been doing this manually – one Pin at a time – on Pinterest at all hours of the day or night? 😱
If so, major kudos to you. And also – good news! You don’t need to do this anymore. Pinterest has introduced a 100%-free Pin scheduler right inside their app – and it works on desktop or mobile.
Granted, scheduling pins through the Pinterest app has its limitations. Pinterest only allows Pinterest business accounts to schedule and limits scheduling to up to 2 weeks in advance. For more flexibility, we recommend Tailwind’s Free Forever Plan.
If you want the freedom to schedule up to a month in advance for either personal or business Pinterest accounts, we recommend using Tailwind’s Free Forever plan. For even more capabilities, we recommend Tailwind’s paid packages.
How to Schedule Posts to Pinterest
But how do you schedule posts to Pinterest, you ask? Let’s get into it!
There are multiple ways to schedule pins to Pinterest. The best Pinterest scheduler really depends on you and your brand. There are multiple options, and we’ll cover them all here.
Pinterest Pin Scheduler
Here’s the scoop: from desktop or iOS or Android on a Pinterest business account you can save up to 100 Pins up to 2 weeks in advance. That’s it. No bells, no whistles, no editing previously scheduled content – but it works.
Steps to Schedule Using Pinterest
- Click on the + button in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Choose the “Create Pin” option.
- Upload your image and fill in your Pin’s title, description, and destination website (your URL).
- Click on the little pencil icon next to “Schedule date Immediately.”
- Choose and schedule a date and time up to two weeks away. You’ll want to schedule at the best times for you – the times when your followers are most likely to be on Pinterest and engaged.
Pros of using Pinterest to Schedule Pins:
- You already know your way around Pinterest
- It’s free!
- You can have up to 100 Pins scheduled at one time
Cons of using Pinterest to Schedule Pins:
- You’re required to have a Pinterest business account in order to schedule pins
- You can only schedule up to 2 weeks in advance
- You can only schedule one Pin at a time
- You can’t schedule more than 100 Pins ahead
- Once they’re scheduled you can’t edit them (but you can delete them)
How to See Your Scheduled Pins on Pinterest
Just head over to your profile and click on “Pins” to see the Pins you’ve scheduled. You won’t be able to edit them, but you can click on, then delete them or choose to have them sent out immediately.
Using a Pinterest Pin Scheduling Tool
If you are a company who either uses Pinterest often or intends to use it often in the future, you may find that Pinterest’s scheduler doesn’t quite meet your needs.
Sure, it’s great not having to manually Pin every day, or several times a day. But at a certain point, you’ll likely find it’s worth it to invest in time-saving, results-building features.
So let’s get into another option – a Pinterest scheduling tool. We’ll use Tailwind as our example:
- It’s a new platform, and although it’s extremely simple to use, it is a new platform to learn
- For unlimited scheduling, you can add cost ($9.99/month)
Then, when your business gets to the point that you find that your time is worth more than the cost of a time-saving tool, well, you can PowerUp and take full advantage of Create, Communities, and SmartLoop, too.
Conclusion: How to Schedule Pins to Pinterest
Pinterest has a great free tool for scheduling Pins. It’s limited in features and in the number of Pins you can schedule, but it’s a great way to try it out and see what scheduling can do for your Pinterest marketing – and for your calendar!
- How do I schedule a pin on Pinterest for free?
You can schedule a pin on Pinterest for free by using the Pinterest Pin Scheduler, available to Pinterest business accounts. This will allow you to save a maximum of 100 pins up to 2 weeks in advance. These pins cannot be edited after they’ve been scheduled. You can also use the free trial of Tailwind’s SmartSchedule feature for up to 100 scheduled pins.
Scheduling pins on Pinterest is a great way to plan and execute campaign strategies automatically. Planning out your pins makes posting consistently more manageable since you can dedicate time to preparing pins for the next two week period.
- Can we schedule posts on Pinterest?
Yes, you can! With a Pinterest business account, it’s possible for you to schedule posts on Pinterest up to two weeks in advance within Pinterest. Up to 100 pins can be scheduled at a time up to two weeks in advance.
- Can you schedule pins more than 2 weeks in advance on Pinterest?
No, you cannot schedule pins more than 2 weeks in advance using Pinterest. But, you can schedule up to 20 pins more than 2 weeks in advance using Tailwind’s Free Forever account! Or, you can schedule more than 20 posts on any other one of Tailwind’s paid plans
- How many pins should you post per day?
The number of pins that you post entirely depends on your marketing goals and your audience. The most important thing to know is that you should be pinning content consistently. If you post 5 to 15 pins a day, make sure you keep that as consistent as possible to retain your audience.
- Can you schedule repins on Pinterest?
Only new pins can be scheduled on Pinterest. Because of this, you won’t be able to schedule a repin on Pinterest.